woensdag 27 juni 2012

500 places to take your kids before they grow up, part one


I love to travel.

Ever since I was a little girl, growing up on a small island in the Caribbean, I would read about all the places that are out there and that one day I would be able to visit (little did I know back then that having enough time and money is crucial to this plan).

I did some travelling myself, but by far not as much as I wanted. When I had the time, I lacked the money and when the money was there, guess what.... no time to! But on a whole I cannot complain.

Having two boys myself I see it as my task - as a mother - to teach them:

- To be confident and responsible adults.
- To be great cooks and cleaners (a fool-proof strategy in order to delay the arrival of the first daughter in law).
- To know who to call when they are in deep deep deep shit (that would be me).

and last but not least:

- To know that they are not alone in this world and that there is more to life then their own.

Taking my responsibility at heart I travel with them as much as I can and as much as the school board will allow me to.

Years ago I picked up this book by Frommers: 500 places to take your kids before they grow up. Inspired by this great book I decided to dedicate a few blog articles to some of the amazing tips in this book. For the coming four weeks I will be spending time highlighting one travel tip from each segment of the book that stole my heart and might do the same to you.

My first post will be in the category of great views. I will be dedicating it to the marvelous Irish Cliff's of Mohair.

Stay tuned (en start arranging enough time and money)!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten